What is a bad credit score or low credit score?
Basically bad credit or low credit score can be divided into two explanations.
The first: You have been active in the credit market, but due to unforeseen circumstances like losing your job, or some financial difficulties, you have not kept your accounts up to date or have neglected to pay your accounts, and even though there is no judgements against you, your score has dropped so low that you can not get credit.
The second: You have never had credit before and therefore there is no information to base your credit rating on.
Having no credit or poor credit is a major stumbling block to getting a loan because you are viewed as a high risk customer who might default and leave the credit provider struggling to collect the loan repayment. It is a known fact that until your credit score is top notch, you won’t fit the standard lending guidelines that banks have to follow.
However, we assist hundreds of clients every month in obtaining loans even if their credit scores are not top notch, but off cause we will check your credit score and affordability, as well as some business rules that is in place to protect our credit providers.
What you need to know about loans application procedures
• We can not assist you if you are under debt review, administration or sequestration
• Your loan application will be subject to a Credit Check, and Affordability assessment as required by the NCR (National Credit Regulator)
• You need to be over the age of 21 and under the age of 60
• You need to be permanently employed for at least 6 consecutive months with the same company
• All loan applications are subject to employment confirmation
• You must have a valid South African bank account in your name
• We do not assist people that is self employed
So what to do now?
The easiest way for us to help you, is to start the whole loan application process by completing our online application form, only once we have that information, will we really be able to see what we can do for you. Remember - We can assist you in obtaining a loan, as most of our service providers are willing to look past some of your mistakes. Fill in our application and let us help you take the guesing out of whether you will qualify or not.
While everybody can apply with us and may qualify, not everybody will be approved depending on your credit status and affordability, you might find that your loan will be unsuccessful because of your previous credit behavior.
It is very important that you know your credit score, and that you access your credit report regularly.